Sunday, April 30, 2017

Blog: Next New

Televisions for years have been one dimensional. Consumers are only allowed to see and hear things and if they paid a little more money we would have to wear annoying glasses to get a 3-D effect. We often watch a television show and wish we could smell or feel what the television show is broadcasting. The new type of new media I have come up with is just that. I often watch television shows and I wished I could smell the food in the show. This feature to smell and feel would give consumers a personalized feel and make them feel like they are actually there experiencing what the actor or host is feeling. 

3 comments:

  1. This is an awesome idea, that i would definitely appreciate. Our senses are so important to how we navigate through life and being able to use our sense more in a digital age would be phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never thought of experiencing TV this way, but now that you mention it, this would be amazing! I love watching the food network channel, especially Guy Fieri. If I was able to actually smell all of the good food that he cooks and tries, I would probably eat my TV. Haha, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Relating to your comment about being able to smell the food that they cook on television, there have been SO many times when I wished I could. I'm a cook show fanatic and always wondered if actors were exaggerating when they say, "MM, that's amazing." Haha, this is awesome but would definitely have a lot of work to do to enforce this. Nonetheless, very interesting and imaginative!

    ReplyDelete